Why You'll Love This Job
For over 40 years, Retina Group of Florida has provided state-of-the-art retinal care with unsurpassed superior service to patients throughout South Florida. Using the most advanced methods, we diagnose and treat the full spectrum of retinal disorders.
Retina Group of Florida consists of 21 board-certified retina specialists and surgeons operating out of over a dozen retina clinics in East, South and Southwest Gulf Coast Florida. In 2023, we formally merged with our partner, Retina Associates of Sarasota. Together, we offer the most advanced treatment options and clinical trial opportunities for retina patients throughout Florida and beyond.
We are growing and are in need of a Medical Scribe to join our team.
ResponsibilitiesThe role of a Medical Scribe is to provide assistance to the physician in the clinic.
- Document chart in EMR
- Diagnostic test results
- Injection preparation
- Post patient visit care instructions
Supports the office and insurance departments by:
- Enrolling patients in copay assistance program
- Booking appointments
- Answering phones
- Follow insurance and coding protocol
- Restock and clean clinical areas
- Adhere to OSHA, HIPAA and security protocols
- Supports RGF's mission statement
- 1 year recent experience
- COA or COT certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills with patients, physicians and staff
- Ability to exhibit patience and compassion
- Flexibility with hours and local area travel
- Ability to work in multiple software program's / applications concurrently
- Ability to prioritize tasks properly
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment